Thursday, May 5, 2011

Thursday Thirteen

Today I give you thirteen completely random musings....

1. I love Thursdays.  Why?  Because of the obvious reason, I can see the weekend peaking at me around the corner.  And two, it's volleyball night!  I really enjoy spending time with my team, we have so much fun together.  Unfortunately, we have not had a game yet where it isn't either raining or freezing and tonight looks like it won't be any exception.  It's not right when I have to wear socks playing sand volleyball, not right at all. 

2. It's Cinco De Mayo!  I plan on celebrating by going out with my team to a Mexican restaurant after our game.  What about you?

3. Speaking of Cinco De Mayo.  I think I want to try this recipe, and very soon.


4. Monkey's 2nd birthday was almost two weeks ago and I realized that I haven't even set up an appointment for her 2 year pictures!  Luckily, I have a few friends who dabble in photography :)

5. Did you know this week is Children's Book Week?  Being an aggie, I found these books to be interesting. 

6. I was introduced to The Kitchen Witch today.  She guest-posted over on Taming Insanity and I cracked up.  Check it out: An Open Letter to the Mommy at the Playground.  I think I've found a new blog to follow.

7. Mother's Day is this weekend.  My mom is superb and deserves to have more than one day a year devoted to her.  Even if your mom is as awesome as mine.  You should probably still do something special for her. 

8. Planning for the 5K for the VA is still going strong!  We have a facebook page now too, check it out and invite all your friends please!

9. I'm reading Best Friends Forever by Jennifer Weiner.  I haven't read a book of hers for a while and saw it while at Wal-Mart the other day, so I picked it up.  So far it's good.  What are you reading?

10. An update on the rabbits... we no longer have them.  We decided to let them loose after more research showed that they were old enough to survive without their mama.  That and the fact that Hank wanted to continue to "play" with them.  We haven't seen them since so I'm hoping that's a good sign.

11. Hank did find a new play toy.  I went out to my car the other day and next to it was a huge dead RAT.  Good boy Hank, good boy.

12. Is it just me, or is this summer jam-packed moreso than other summers?  I feel like there is something on our calendar every weekend until September. 

13. JC and I are planning on going on a 'date' tomorrow night.  We haven't been out just the two of us in a LONG time.  Any suggestions on what we should do?  I'm guessing it will consist of going out to eat and probably eating so much we just want to go home and put a movie in.  But his birthday is on Monday, so some sort of celebration should be in order!

No comments:

Post a Comment