Thursday, August 11, 2011

Thursday Thirteen

1. It's here, it's finally here!  The Warrior Dash is THIS WEEKEND!  I'm so excited to be a complete muddy mess while running through varying obstacles. 

2. I had lunch with a friend yesterday who has been trying to get pregnant for over four years.  And guess what?  She's pregnant!  I am so beyond happy for her and her husband, I was almost in tears when she told me. 

3. And on the pregnancy front... my volleyball team is going to have our very own baby mascot in the spring!  No, I'm not expecting, but one of my team mates is!  I've been covering for her missing games the last couple of weeks, but I finally have permission to tell everyone else tonight!

4.  I'm reading a really interesting book right now, The Gift of Fear by Gavin de Becker.  It is basically dealing with the myth that most violent acts are unpredictable and shows that they do in fact have clear warning signs and then goes on to show the reader how to recognize survival signs.  It may sound sort of text-book boring, but it's not at all! 

5. Their album hasn't even been released yet, but I think I can say with safe certainty that the new group, Pistol Annies, will be one of my favorites.  Love them!

6. We went over to Bath, Illinois, last weekend for the Redneck Fishing Tournament.  It was a ton of fun and we hope to go again next year.  I don't know how I managed to not take a single picture, but somehow I didn't get one.  There were many interesting sights to say the least. 

7. Does anyone else find it supremely annoying when you answer the phone and the person on the other end won't tell you who they are or what they want? 

8. A co-worker brought in bagels from Panera this morning and specifically got me one of the cinnamon crunch ones.  Made my day! 

9. I've booked my flight to go see baby Cort in Oklahoma after he is born!  I can't wait to see Annie and Scott and meet the little man once he's here! 

10. Our pups got a hold of yet ANOTHER pair of my boots.  So really, a trip to Oklahoma is needed anyway.  If I'm going to buy a new pair of boots, might as well buy them in Oklahoma, right?

11. We are one month out from the 5K for the VA race.  Are you signed up

12.  I pull in the driveway the other night and what do I see?  Monkey running around the yard... wearing her camo crocks and NOTHING else!  We may have a little exhibitionist on our hands.

13.  Tell me something you are looking forward to... the State Fair, Appleseed (ours is next weekend), autumn, Farm Progress Show, the end of the work day?  You know, anything. 

No comments:

Post a Comment