Thursday, September 20, 2012

Grilled Stuffed Peppers

I haven't made stuffed peppers in a while and I had some in the fridge that needed to be used.  Instead of going the traditional route, I thought I'd try them out on the grill.  BEST. IDEA. EVER.  Well maybe not ever, but best idea involving a green pepper in a long time, these were so good!
 
 
 
What You'll Need:
  • 4 Large Green Peppers, cut in half and seeded
  • 1 lb ground beef
  • 1 onion, diced
  • 1 jar of diced tomatoes
  • 1 boil-in-a-bag rice
  • Italian Seasoning
  • Mozzeralla Cheese
What You Do:
 
Brown ground beef in a skillet over medium heat.  Add onions, tomatoes and a couple of dashes of italian seasoning.  Remove from heat. 
 
Cook rice according the package directions.
 
While the rice are is cooking, prepare the green peppers.  I wanted the peppers to be nice and charred on both the top and bottom so I took a short cut and roasted the tops right over the open flame on the stove top.  You can put them on the grill as well.
 
When the rice is done, add to the beef mixture.   Use a spoon to scoop into the green peppers.
 
Top each pepper with a slice of mozzeralla cheese.
 
Grill peppers over medium heat until the peppers have nice grill marks and the cheese is all gooey and melted. 
 
I served with a slice of garlic bread, a side salad would be nice as well.     

No comments:

Post a Comment