Friday, November 13, 2009

Alright Guy

A few days ago I went to a concert given by my second most favorite singer of all time, GARY ALLAN!  He is only runner up to Chris Ledoux and since Chris is deceased, Gary has the number one spot for living artists.

I'll admit it, I love him.  My husband knows it and he's accepted it.  He has the most amazing voice, I could listen to him sing all day long.  Which actually I've been listening to his cd's for the past three weeks in anticipation of the show and I'm still not tired of him!

We had awesome seats and I was able to snap some pretty good photos... here are a couple:


I can't forget the guitar player in his very hip kilt...


But this one, this one is my favorite picture of the night...

If for some reason you aren't a fan of Gary's already, I highly suggest you check out some of his music.  He's soulful, plays a mean guitar and can cut right to your heart.  There's a long backstory of sorrow for him, losing his wife to suicide, and knowing that just makes his music that much deeper.  Of course, great musicians have captured intense emotions before without actually living them. But for me as a listener and huge fan, I cannot believe the emotions he puts out in his music aren't authentic and rooted in a deep, personal tragedy.  Because of this, it only makes me love him more.  I can't wait for the next cd to be released!

No comments:

Post a Comment