Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Happy Birthday to Me!

I mentioned the other day that Hubby does a great job with gifts.  Some years we agree not to do gifts at all, other times we'll buy something big (like a tv or a computer) and call that our gifts to each other, since our birthdays are only two days apart.  But the times when he buys me something special, he always outdoes himself.  I really think he's made a mistake by setting such a precedence of great gifts.  What is he going to give me 20 years from now? 

Some of the gifts he's given me include jewelry.  You can never go wrong with jewelry, I say.  Unless it has hearts on it.  I hate jewelry with hearts.  He's never given me jewelry with hearts on it.  This man knows me.  He has given me a watch... necklaces...one being this shiny thing:
He's also given me less flashy gifts such as a fishing pole and a mailbox.  Things that I wanted.  My favorite one that he's doled out to me so far though, is this beauty:


An H&K 9mm pistol!  It's just not any ordinary pistol, it's also ambidextrious.  Because I'm special and do things with both of my hands.  This gun is awesome, fits my hands perfectly and shoots like a dream.  My grouping is spot on with it.  Of course, I could say that's just me and my awesomness, but really I think it has more to do with her.

I didn't think it was possible for him to outdo this gift, but he may have done it this year!  He started off by throwing a surprise birthday party for me Saturday night!  So many of my wonderful friends and family came together to celebrate me turning the big 3-0.  I had a great time and loved every second of it.





He then gave me this present:


A Kahr .380! Such a gorgeous slim little gal!  I've been wanting a smaller pistol to carry just for self defense and this baby is the ticket.  What a fabulous husband I have.  I love you baby and thanks for the greatest birthday thus far!

No comments:

Post a Comment