Thursday, March 10, 2011

A Week in Paradise

You may have noticed I was absent for a while on here.  It was because we spent a week at the Aventura Spa Palace in Riviera Maya for JC's sister's wedding.  We had a week full of fun and sun and great quality time with family and even some rare one-on-one time for JC and I! 


The wedding was absolutely amazing, right on the beach with the waves crashing on the rocks.


The bride and groom were two have the happiest I've ever seen.  They've had a really rough last two years and it was great to see them celebrate their love for each other.  We even had special drinks made from coconuts fresh off the tree!  Be warned... if you ever get a chance to experience a coconut monkey, go for it, but sip carefully, those are not weak drinks!


We were able to go do a few activities as well.  We swam with the dolphins, which was so fun!  They are amazing creatures.  We also went ziplining above an old rock quarry:



Watched a fire show:


And I even pampered myself with a deep-tissue massage and a mani/pedi.

I'm telling you, that was one fun, care-free, and all around wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment