Friday, September 9, 2011

50 Rules for Dads with Daughters

I came across this blog post today and it brought a tear to my eye.  It could be because I'm a little extra emotional this week, a lovely couple that I work with lost their youngest son in a car accident and it brings back many memories of two specific friends that I've lost in the last few years.  All great guys gone before their time. 

But I really don't think that this is the reason this post affected me so much.  I think it's more that as I look at this list, I see all the things MY dad did for me as I was growing up and all the things he still does for me as an adult.  And I'm guessing he did them without anyone ever telling him he should.  And that means the world to me. 

I hope that when Monkey is grown, she can compile a list like this about JC. 

No comments:

Post a Comment