This summer has been hot. Not normal summer hot, like 50 Shades of Hell hot. When it's this unbearable, I like to have food that is refreshing and cool. That's where these cucumber boats come in.
There's nothing really special about these, you could just slice up a cucumber and throw some cottage cheese on top, but the boats look more appetizing and you MUST add basil and cilantro to the cottage cheese.
What You Need:
- 1 cucumber, peeled, halved and seeds scooped out
- 3/4 cup cottage cheese
- 2 tablespoons basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- Salt and Pepper - to taste
1. Peel a cucumber - I don't mind the skin, so I just peel off the parts that aren't good. Slice it in half and using a spoon scoop out all the seeds. Sprinkle a little salt on the cucumber.
2. Mix together the cottage cheese, basil, salt and cilantro and fill the hollowed out area.
3. Sprinkle with cracked black pepper.
4. Chow down.