Monday, June 21, 2010

Ode to Pop

Since yesterday was Father's Day, I thought I would write a post today on all the things my father has taught me over the years.  I then realized that's not really possible.  There are just too many to cover.  So here is the Top 10 11 list of things that I am grateful for. 

1. Teaching me right from wrong.
2. Your patience.  Especially at times when I'm sure you wanted to yell at the top of your lungs (like when I backed your truck into a fence post... whoopsie!).
3. Teaching me how to dance.


4. Demonstrating a strong work ethic and instilling that in me.
5. Showing us that there is more to life than video games and TV.  The outdoors has so much more to offer!
6. Raising me with the knowledge that I could do anything I wanted to do as long as I worked at it.  I remember times I didn't want to get up at the crack of dawn to work cattle or detassle, but it was all worth it.  I wouldn't trade being a farmer's daughter for anything.
7. Being an amazing grandfather.


8. For exaggerating whenever you tell people about me, even if it is totally embarrassing.
9. For not spoiling your children rotten and knowing when to tell us "heck no!"
10. For having the goofiest sense of humor that I've ever known, and showing me how to laugh at myself and at life.


11. For making every bowl of ice cream a work to be admired.

Thanks for being the greatest dad in the world, I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment