Monday, June 28, 2010

Uncle Buck

Doesn't everyone wish they had an Uncle Buck?  Monkey and Peanut really do have one, and boy do they love him! 

Remember the scene in the movie Uncle Buck (oh geeze, I'm really dating myself here) where he is giving his niece's boyfriend, Bug, a hard time about burying the hatchet? 

Buck says, "I like to carry it, you never know when you're going to need it. A situation may come up, say for example, someone has been drinking, and about to drive a loved one home, then I'd like to know I have it. Not to kill, no. Just to maim. Take a little off the shoulder. Swish! The elbow. Slash! Shave a little meat off the old kneecap. Fowap! Ooooo! You got both kneecaps? I like to keep mine razor sharp. Sharp enough you can shave with it. Why I've been known to circumcise a gnat. You're not a gnat are you, Bug? Wait a minute, bug, gnat. Is there a little similarity? Whoa, I think there is! Ha ha ha. You understand what I'm talking about? I don't think you do. I'll be right back. Heh heh heh heh."

I love that quote and I'm pretty sure this Uncle Buck would do the same for his nieces. 

No comments:

Post a Comment