Monday, December 6, 2010

Everyone Has Someone They Can't Forget

Hello darlin'. 

Nice to see you, it's been a long time.

*Sigh* 

I miss Conway Twitty.  That deep, silky-smooth, sexy voice.  I miss it.  Sure, I can listen to his old records and I still love them as much as I did back when he was alive and kickin'.  But it saddens me to know that I'll never hear a new track from him.  He was one of the all-time greats.

Same goes for Chris Ledoux.  That man could make my heart skip a beat!  He was a rare breed.  A world champion bareback rider and an amazing singer/songwriter.  I'm not one to get emotionally attached to famous people, but when he passed away in 2005, I was actually choked up.  He could write and perform a song that made you feel like he was doing it just for you and he was a genuinely nice guy.  My husband and I actually used one of his songs during our wedding.  

I don't know what sparked it, but over the weekend I listened to both of these fine artists a lot.  It got me to thinking... of all the great singers in the world, I think these two are the ones I miss the most.  I would put Elvis up there too, but he was already gone by the time I was born, so I don't think I can really count him. 

Who do you miss the most?  Or is it not a musician, but an actor that makes you long for yesteryear?  Curious minds want to know.  Or maybe it's just my curious mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment