Thursday, December 30, 2010

Thursday Thirteen: Resolution Update

Well another year has come and gone.  Did you stick to your resolutions that you made?  Here are the ones I made, let's see how good I did....
1. I resolve to NOT give up any of the few vices that I have.  Actually, I should drink more wine; add to that vice.  I think I did pretty well on this one.  In fact, I've found some new wines that I really love, like this one.

2. To read more books than I did in '09 (which may be hard because I read a lot of books this year).  I think I probably achieved this one as well.  While I have a list of all the books I've read, they are archived by author not chronoligical order, and I'm too lazy to go back and count them all. 

3. To expound on that, I want to will finish this seriesCHECK!  I've read all of the ones that she has published so far.  As well as both the Aurora Teagarden and Lily Bard series.

4. To become credit card debt free (and I'm almost there!). CHECK!

5. To run another 5k... okay make that two. CHECK!  I actually ran 4 and one 7k. 

6. To go on our first vacation as a family. CHECK!  We were lucky enough to be able to take a few family vacations this year. 
 
7. To make it down to Oklahoma to visit these folksCHECK!  It was the first family vacation we took and we had a great time.  I can't wait to go back again!
 
8. To have a winning season with my volleyball team. Well that one I failed at, but at least we had fun!
 
9. To not waste money on seasonal fads that probably aren't that cute anyway.  CHECK!
 
10. To not count calories as well as not deny myself scrumptious desserts and other goodies.  Moderation is what it's all about. CHECK!  Which was evident this past week, holy cow, I've eaten more sweets in one week than I have probably had all year.
 
11. To do more nice things for random strangers.  I'm not sure if I've completed this to my satisfaction, I think I'll work on it again next year.
 
12. To slow down and enjoy life's small moments, not just the large ones. CHECK!  But, I think this is one that I can continue to work on as well.

13. To learn how to operate our camcorder and actually use it.  I failed.... miserably.  I haven't used it once, but JC has, so at least one of us is succeeding at it!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're ahead of the game, sister! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so far behind on reading your blog, but I really like this post! Your resolutions are awesome! I need to make some like this ...

    ReplyDelete