Thursday, December 2, 2010

Pecan Pie

I'm just going to say it... I don't like pecan pie.  It's the very last dessert I would choose on Thanksgiving or Christmas.  Actually I wouldn't even choose it at all, I would rather go DESSERTLESS than have a piece of pecan pie.  Hence, I have never made one.  Never. 

However, my husband and father both love pecan pie.  So I decided to try it out this year.  What got me convinced was this:


Whiskey Maple Cream Sauce.  Oh my.  I had to try it.  And try it I did!  Delicious!

I went right on ahead and used Ree's Pecan Pie recipe as well.  I didn't have any more corn syrup so I substituted with a simple syrup made with 1 cup sugar and 1/4 cup water, cooking over low heat until the sugar was dissolved.  The verdict... it was great AND the cream sauce was amazing!


I even used the leftover sauce to pour over monkey bread in the morning.  Try it, I dare you.

No comments:

Post a Comment