Monday, December 20, 2010

New Tradition

A friend of mine told me about a Christmas tradition that she does with her kids.  We don't have one started with Monkey yet, and since I loved her idea, I borrowed it!

She wraps up 24 different Christmas books and starting on December 1st, the kids get to open one book and read it before bedtime.  The last book is opened on Christmas Eve.  This helps them keep track of how many days are left until the big day and helps to squelch some of their excitement by getting to open something every night. 


It didn't take Monkey long to figure it out... 


And she loves it!


I do believe this is a tradition that we will continue.

1 comment:

  1. I've read about this tradition too... I love it! I think we'll start that one next year, as I wasn't able to get out & about this holiday season :)

    ReplyDelete