Monday, October 12, 2009

We Did It!


I'm not a runner. I don't necessarily enjoy it and I'm not good at it. I was in track waaay back in high school, but I really only did that as a means to keep in shape in the off season of volleyball. And now that I've got a few more years under my belt, I'll just be honest... it hurts. Hurts my ankles, shins, knees, and hips. They all hurt when I run and I'm not a fan of that.

So a few weeks ago when a very dear friend asked me if I would run a 5K with her to raise money for our high school, I was apprehensive to say the least, but figured what the heck, let's do it! We had both recently had babies and while she's run many races in the past, she assured me she wouldn't leave me in her dust. And besides that I'd surely have plenty of time to train.

Then she told me when it was and I literally had 3 weeks to prepare for it. THREE weeks. Like I've said before, I'm a procrastinator sometimes and this was one of those times. I've run twice since I agreed to do this and neither time was for more than a mile. What had a I gotten myself into?

Well the race was this past Saturday and I am happy to report that that we made it! We finished and the best part is that I'm still able to walk!

My younger sister also ran the race. This isn't her first rodeo though, er, I mean race. Here we are at the beginning of the morning.


And here we are after finishing the race.

I would never stage a photo for comedic relief. No I wouldn't, not ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment