Monday, October 26, 2009

Betty Crocker I'm not

I’ve already confessed that I’m a junkie, a food junkie that is.

I failed to mention that while I love to cook I am not a skilled baker. I’m more like Betty Crocker’s distant cousin Bertha. Baking involves following recipes and measuring ingredients. Things that I just don’t do.

I’m a rebel baby, a rebel without a cause.

Unless you count experimenting and coming up with divine new recipes a cause, in that case, I’m a rebel with a cause.

I did put on my baking boots and Betty Crocker apron over the weekend. I put them on for two of my darling friends that are getting married in a few weeks. They are a perfect couple and I couldn’t be happier that they’ve decided to spend the rest of their lives together. To celebrate this I wanted to do something special, something more than just the ordinary gifts that people give at bridal showers.

So along with other gifts that I had for them, I also made these.



I even did the icing all by myself! So don’t look too close at them and see all the flaws I made. Betty never has shared all her secrets with me.




So maybe they weren’t the prettiest cookies I’ve ever seen, actually they kind of remind me of something you’d see on this website.  But they were definately scrumptious! 

I offered my services to the happy couple to do their wedding cake. I’m not sure why they turned me down.

Congratulations Jake & Kati, I love you both dearly!

1 comment:

  1. I was digging that cake!!! I really thought it was store bought. :-) I am glad I found your blog...I love reading it. See you at the wedding.

    ReplyDelete