Thursday, October 15, 2009

The Other Man in my Life

I love dogs. We have one now, he’s a three year old Jack Russell Terrier that answers to the name Dewey. He’s a sweet little pup that loves to cuddle.



He has a syndrome though. A syndrome known as “Big Dog Stuck In A Little Dog’s Body”. He may be small but he’s ferocious! And he likes to protect his Momma from any and all predators.

Such as this thing that attacked me one day not long ago, while I was in the basement barefoot and pregnant.



I was minding my own business when this bat, I’ll call him Baxter, dares to swoop down right over my head! Our cat happened to be in the basement with me and pounced on the flying object. Baxter was able to get away and I very quickly grabbed the nearest trash can and trapped him underneath it. While I was debating on how to get rid of the pesky thing (Should I grab a pistol and shoot it? Stomp on it with my foot? Just leave it 'til the hubby got home?), Dewey must’ve heard the commotion and came down to see what was going on. He knocks the trash can over and gives that bat a what-for, saving me from having to make the decision on what to do. My hero!

And then a few weeks ago, once again minding my own business in the yard, when this monster makes an appearance.



Dewey got a whiff of it and came running. Or maybe I actually screamed and hollered for him to come save me. Whatever the case may be, he was there once again to protect me!







He not only looks out for me, but for my family as well. This creature was hiding outside of my parents’ house behind their front steps over the 4th of July weekend.



He took care of that waskly weasel as well.



So here’s to the other man in my life…. Dewey. You may be little, but you kick some critter ass and I love you for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment