Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Save The Ta-Ta’s


For those of you who haven’t noticed the Pink Ribbons around this month, let me remind you what it’s for… it’s Breast Cancer Awareness Month!

In the last few months a few friends and family members of mine have been diagnosed with breast cancer and while they are all fighting it with tooth and nail, I feel helpless that I’m not able to fight it for them.

So I thought at least I could remind all of you about the importance of the Breast Self Exam. It is very important for women of ALL ages to do this on a regular basis! The earlier you detect any changes in your breasts the better. Doctors recommend that women over 40 should get a mammogram every one to two years. Yet three of the brave women I mentioned earlier are all under 40! If you aren’t giving yourself regular exams, please start now.

If you aren’t sure how to do an exam or have other questions, here is a great site to help. Let your husband or boyfriend take part, or if you’re single ask a good lookin stranger! Only kidding…. Or am I?

Now go forth and Save Those Ta-Ta’s! And tell all your friends to start touching themselves too!

No comments:

Post a Comment