Thursday, October 20, 2011

Thursday Thirteen

1. Ummm... it's cold.  Not chilly, but COLD.  When our fireplace kicks on automatically you know it's cold. 

2. I'm pretty sure I've said it before, but I'll say it again... I hate winter.  And it's supposed to be fall right now, where is the jeans and sweatshirt weather?  This is calling for a parka!

3. Speaking of how cold it is... I'm SO happy that we are finally done with sand volleyball and only play indoor games now! 

4. Tomorrow marks two weeks of Monkey being completely potty trained!  No more diapers, woo hoo!  (Well except at bed time, but that doesn't count in my book.)  So proud of the little nugget!

5. A co-worker made this adorable hat for Monkey...


6. Don't you love it?  She certainly does.  The other morning she came strutting into our bedroom with nothing but her big girl undies and that hat on! 

7. This weekend I'm flying down to Oklahoma to visit Scott & Annie.... and their new baby Cort!  I can't wait to meet the little guy! 

8.  I'm missing a friends bachelorette party here because of my trip.  JC is going to the bachelor party as well, and since I'm such a great wife and friend I made a batch of Apple Pie for everyone.  I'll have the recipe up tomorrow.  Seriously the best fall beverage EVER.
 
9. I actually started my Christmas shopping early this year!  I saw a few things on sale so went ahead and picked them up.  I'm sure I'll still be doing a few last minute things, but hey, it's a step in the right direction.

10. I went to my alma mater's homecoming this past weekend and got to hang out with some great friends that I haven't been able to spend much time with recently.  Such fun!



11.  Does anyone else use yahoo mail?  I've had the same address for years and don't want to change it, but I really despise the new inbox system they have going on.  It's slow and doens't work half the time for me.  What is the deal?

12. I had thawed out some pork steaks in the fridge over the weekend thinking we would grill them one night this week.  Since it's been raining and crappy that didn't happen.  So I went on a search for a recipe to use it with.  This is what I ended up going with and it was pretty tasty.  I scratched the rice and served it with rolls instead. 

13. And the best for last... WOO HOO, GO CARDINALS!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment