What did happen though was that I forced my little sister Bonnie to try one. She hates almost all vegetables and I wanted her to try a bite so badly because I just knew she would like them. It only took me wrestling her to the ground, hog-tying her, holding her nose shut until she had to open her mouth to breath, and then shoving a bite in there to accomplish my mission. But I came out the victor! And I was rewarded by her saying, "Oh, those aren't so bad afterall!" Yep, mission complete.
What You'll Need:
- 4 large roasted red peppers, drained well and dried
- 4 slabs of mozzarella or provolone cheese, about an inch wide
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- A handful finely chopped cilantro
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- Kitchen twine or toothpicks, soaked in water
What You Do:
Wrap each chunk in a roasted pepper and tie with twine or stick a few toothpicks thru to secure it.