Monday, July 12, 2010

Turnip Trouble

I need help. 

Not the psychiatric kind, but help in the kitchen.  Okay, maybe the pyschiatric kind as well.  But today let's focus on one thing at a time. 

JC likes turnips; I'm not the biggest fan.  He normally just eats them raw, but our garden has an over abundance this year and there is no way he is going to eat all of them.  So I've been experimenting with making turnip dishes. 

So far, I haven't found one that I'd want to make again.  That's where you, my loyal reader, comes in.  Do you have any turnip dishes that you could share with me?  I need help, man.

I made a cheesy turnip gratin one day last week.  Not the worst thing I've ever eaten, but I could probably go an entire year before eating it again and I wouldn't miss it.

And last night, I tried turnip fries.  Again, I didn't want to gag when eating them so it wasn't a complete failure, but neither of us were impressed.  I do think I'll try this again, next time using the grill instead of baking.  Grilling makes everything better, right?  Right?  Can't make them any worse at least. 

I've got a couple of other ideas, but to be honest, they really don't even sound that appealing, so I can't imagine they'll be anything amazing.  Please help me.  I'm officially begging now.

On another note, today is a pretty awesome day.  My amazing Daddy is celebrating another birthday!  Happy birthday, Pops! 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment