Friday, July 30, 2010

Toes in the Water, Ass in the Tube

Every year for the past, oh, maybe 10 years or so, a group of my friends head down to the Current River for the weekend. Nestled deep in the wilds of Missouri, we camp out, tube, canoe and relax. It really is one of my favorite times of the year. And that time is quickly approaching; we head down next weekend and I can't wait!

I love having nothing pressing to do for the entire weekend. I look forward to being able to sit around a campfire or float down the beautiful river having conversations with some of my best friends. Friends that have stood the test of time and continue to be there for each other. I really find it quite amazing that after all of these years we continue to be such a large, tight-knit group.  Numbers have fluctuated from 20-some to 50-some, and back down to around 34, but the same core group is still there, floatin along.

The cold beverages we share don't hurt the weekend either. 

Do you have a tradition with your friends that you hold close to your heart?  Please share!

No comments:

Post a Comment