Thursday, August 19, 2010

Appleseed Fun

Only two more day till Appleseed fun!  Since I've never participated in one before, I thought I'd take a look on the official Appleseed Project website and see if there are any last minute things I should be doing to get prepared.  I was pleasantly surprised to find this list of items. (I've crossed out everything I've already got).  Looks like I'm in good shape and looking forward to experiencing everything Appleseed. 

What to bring to an Appleseed Event

Not everything listed here is necessary. This list was compiled from the experience of those who have attended an Appleseed. It includes those things that did or would have made their experience more enjoyable. Remember that you need to bring whatever it takes to learn to shoot better.

Personal items

A teachable attitude (most important thing) **  
Ear protection Muffs and plugs **
Eye protection ** 
•Elbow pads or shooting Jacket  Hmm.. I don't have either of these, but I think I can probably do without.  Might have to consult my Papa on this one.
Ground cover (Rug remnant works well)
A hat
Little notebook (those little 2.5 X 3.5 work well)
Pen 
Sun Screen
Lots of water (Must stay hydrated)
•Light Lunch  Will be provided.
Snacks Oh yes, definately.  This one should really be red starred as I can't make it through the day without snacks!
Folding Chair (not necessary but nice)
Wet wipes Thanks to Monkey we've got lots of these around the house, check!
Bug spray
Aspirin or Ibuprofen
Necessary clothing for any kind of weather
•Fred’s Guide to becoming a Rifleman (if you have it)  Don't have it.

** Very important things

Gun related stuff

Rifle preferably zeroed for 25 meters
400+ rounds of the same type and brand of ammo
Sight adjustment tools
GI style web Sling
•5 Mags unloaded if not more. 20rds works well if State law allows  Don't believe I have 5.  Maybe 2?
Gun cleaning supplies and lube
Instructions for your rifle (if you have them)
Know your rifle
•Something to cover your rifle to keep blowing sand or rain off it. The location will not be sandy.  Rain, I'm just hoping will stay away!
Staple gun (if you already have one)
Staples
Know the laws of the State you are going to and only bring that which is within the law Ugh, Illinois gun laws... let's not get into that today.
•Back-up rifle (if you have one)

And how fitting this article was featured on Fox News' website yesterday, as well as this video!

No comments:

Post a Comment