Thursday, August 26, 2010

Betty Who?

Do you have a favorite cookbook?  This one here, well let's just say it's pretty great.  I, unfortunately, am not the owner of it and have to either call my mom to get recipes out of it, or photocopy them when I'm at her house. 


It's not written by a famous tv chef, restaurant owner, or even a stay-at-home ranch wife.  It's by a bunch of local women and was put together in 1980.  The very year I was born!  That's right, it's 30 years old and still one of my mom's favorite cookbooks.  

There are so many great recipes in it.  From the so-simple-a-child-could-do-it, to the fancy schmancy takes-all-day-to-prepare variety.  In fact, this is where the lime pickle recipe from earlier this week hails from. 


I'm a sucker for new recipes, as you may have noticed. But these old gems can rarely be beat.  So tell me, do you have a cookbook that you fall back on when in need of a good recipe?

No comments:

Post a Comment