My niece Peanut spent part of the weekend with us, and since it was too hot to be outside, we did a fun indoor activity. She brought over all her old, broken crayons and we turned them into new ones! It was fun and really easy. Here's what you do:
1. Gather up all of your stubby or broken crayons, and break them into small pieces.
2. Preheat the oven to 150 degrees.
3. Fill a muffin tin or other mold with an inch-thick layer of crayon pieces. I didn't have a muffin tin devoted to this, so I lined with foil. Would recommend using foil cups if you have them though as they will make the crayons prettier in the end.
4. Bake 15-20 minutes, or until the wax is melted.
5. Allow the tin to cool; then pop out the crayons, and they're ready for use.