Friday, October 22, 2010

Breaking Down Barriers, One _____ at a Time

I spent most of the morning yesterday with a very interesting group of men from China.  They were all from maize research institutes and academia and came to America to learn about our farming practices.  China is about 30 years behind us in farming techniques and they were eager to learn all they could about how we do things.  At times it was hard to understand what they were saying, as I'm sure it was hard for them to understand me.  The language barrier would prove to be quite difficult, but with the help of a translator and a lot of patience, it ended up being a great experience to talk with them.

One nice gentleman even gifted me with this:


Can you guess what it is?  I suppose if you can read Chinese you probably don't have to guess.  But since I can't and have no clue what the front of the box says I was at a loss at first for what it was. 


A bookmark!  How cool is that?  I wonder if he reads my blog and knew how much I would enjoy such a neat gift...


Yeah, I doubt it.  I'm guessing it's just an easy gift to travel with.  Either way, I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment