Thursday, October 28, 2010

Pumpkin Spice Cake


And here is the second installement of sweet pumpkin treats.  I still have more pumpkin puree left, so I'll keep experimenting until we get tired of it! 

This cake is really good, but the best part of it is the icing.  I'm not kidding when I say it is the BEST icing I've ever had.  It's not sickeningly sweet like a lot of icings and it is only two ingredients!  It can't get any easier than that.

What You’ll Need:

For batter:
  • 1 box spice cake
  • 1 cup pumpkin
  • ½ cup water
For icing:
  • 1 packet of dry Jello Cheesecake Mix
  • 1 Tub Cool Whip
What You Do:

Mix Jello cheesecake into a tub of cool whip and let sit over night.

Mix box of spice cake with pumpkin puree and ½ cup of water.

Pour into 9x13 cake pan and bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes.

After cake has cooled, ice with cool whip mixture.

1 comment:

  1. I think you should take some of that cake to your dad, and maybe drop some off at his neighbor's house on the way.

    ReplyDelete