Friday, October 1, 2010

Enchiladas


This recipe came from my Oklahoma transplant friend.  I only made a few edits to suit our liking.  Thanks Annie, it was delicious! 

What You Need: 

  • 1 lb ground beef

  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 onion, diced
  • 1 can Rotel tomatoes 
  • 1 bag instant rice
  • 1 can red enchilada sauce
  • Salsa
  • Colby Jack Shredded cheese 
  • 10” flour tortillas
  • 2 scallions, chopped
  • Sliced jalapenos (optional)
  • Beans (optional)
What You Do:
Prepare rice according to box instructions.

Chop onion and garlic. 

Brown hamburger and add onion and garlic.

Add rotel, 1/3 of the can of enchilada sauce, and a handful or two of cheese.  If you choose to add beans, now is the time.  I refrain.  Ick.

After cheese is melted, fill tortillas with meat mixture and top with rice.  Roll and lay into a 9x13” baking dish.

Cover top of enchiladas with cheese and top off with remainder of enchilada sauce. Spoon some salsa over top. Lay a few sliced jalapenos over the top of each roll.

Bake at 350F for 30 minutes.  Top with scallions and serve with sour cream and lettuce on the side.

2 comments:

  1. This looks so good. I might have to try it. I wonder ... you think I could make my salsa chicken in the crock pot and use that instead of ground beef? I'm not a huge ground beef fan ... as you know ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh definately! I'm thinking it would be great w/ leftover pork roast as well... I know that's not something you'd probably like, but I think I'll try it next time.

    ReplyDelete