Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Roasted Pumpkin Seeds


If you had to choose between sweet and savory, which would you choose? 

I would pick savory 99% of the time.  That's why when I make recipes using fresh pumpkin I always save the seeds and roast them up.  They are a perfect little snack and with three ingredients, they couldn't be any easier to make.

What You'll Need:

Fresh pumpkin seeds, rinsed with cold water
EVOO
Sea Salt

What You Do:

Generously drizzle a baking sheet with EVOO.  Place the seeds in a single layer on the sheet, stirring to coat. 

Generously sprinkle with sea salt and bake at 325 degrees for about 25 minutes.  Stir half-way through.

And that's it, let cool and snack away! 

**Expect some sweet pumpkin recipes coming... I've been trying out some new things!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE these. Now I just need to get some pumpkins that I can tear in to...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried my own version and burnt them. I need to stick to your recipe ... or make them when my children aren't in the house.

    ReplyDelete