2. I won a blog giveaway, and it's so cool! The last time I won something was probably back in 6th grade when I won the "Sponsor Wheel" on the local AM station. I was one stoked kid. Thanks to Hollie at Blog-o-"Holl"ic and Jill at Lime Tree Gifts for the sweet keychain. I can't wait to get it!
3. We have a reception on Saturday for some friends that got married in the Bahamas the same weekend as my sister-in-law's wedding. They are so cool they even made it on Good Morning America!
4. Pretty excited to eat leftovers from last night. Does anyone else get excited for leftovers? I'm having brat burgers and grilled mac n cheese. YUM!
5. A friend joined the local roller derby team, the McLean County MissFits, and I'll admit it... I'm jeolous. I don't have time for both volleyball and roller derby, but I really wish I could do both. I will have to make it to watch her kick some tail at least once or twice.
6. Monkey had her 18 month checkup on Monday, even though she won't actually be 18 months until the end of the month. Anyway, she's in the 95th percantile for height. Which means she's taller than 95% of the kids her age. I was not surprised when the doc told me this, it's hard to find pants that are long enough for her! Poor thing is destined to be like me. She'll never be able to dry her jeans... ever.
7. I've been reading the Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins and only have 40 pages left in the final installement. Good books, would definately recommend. Any suggestions on what I should read next?
8. After the incident of JC busting out the bedroom window we decided it was finally time to replace all the windows and doors in the house. We've had one estimate so far... yikes! Who would've thought windows could be so pricey?
9. Last Friday, I went over to my parents to visit after work. I ended up chasing a herd of cattle through a few fields before getting them back into the pasture RIGHT at dark. It was a workout, but it kind of made me miss living at home and doing that sort of stuff on a regular basis.
10. We have Dish Network and we love FX shows: Rescue Me, Sons of Anarchy, Justified, etc. Apparently Dish Network and FX are having a lovers quarrel because when we tuned in Tuesday night to watch SOA, we no longer get FX! I was quite disturbed, still am actually. They need to resolve their spat ASAP.
11. I dreamed last night that we won the lottery. Wishful thinking or a glimpse into the future? Oh please, tell me I have fortune telling capabilities!
12. Monkey and Hank have been getting along so great. For a puppy, he's very gentle with her and she adores him. One of their favorite games is playing fetch.
13. Oh, and have I mentioned how much that kid makes me smile? Like, really smile. I think I'm going to keep her.