Monday, January 11, 2010

Drowned Chicken Roll Ups

A co-worker of mine has been making all sorts of stuff with crescent rolls recently and I thought I'd jump on the band wagon.  This wasn't my favorite meal of all time, but the Hubby gave it a B, said it was man-pleasing food.  Of course what isn't man-pleasing when it's smothered in gravy?

What You'll Need
Approx. 2 cups of Chopped Cooked Chicken
1/2 block of Cream Cheese
1/2 cup of Sour Cream
4 tablespoons of Butter, plus 2 more for coating or an egg
1/2 Chopped Onion
1/4 Chopped Green Pepper
2 cans Crescent Rolls
2/3 cup Italian Bread Crumbs
Gravy (I prefer white, but you may use whatever you wish)

What You Do
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Cook chicken however you prefer - grill, bake, etc.
Combine cream cheese, sour cream, butter, onions and green peppers until smooth.
Add cooked chicken.
Seperate crescent rolls.  I did individual rolls as well as leaving 2 triangles together to make more of a pouch than a roll.  Either is fine.
Melt the remaining butter (or beat egg).
Place bread crumbs in a seperate bowl.
Roll the chicken pouches in the butter and then in the crumbs.
Place on a baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes.
While the chicken is baking, prepare gravy.
Smother the chicken roll ups with gravy when served.

*For this batch I threw the raw onions and peppers in with the cream cheese mixture.  They were still slightly crunchy when done baking.  If you don't like the crunch, then saute first.  I will saute first next time I make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment