Monday, January 4, 2010

Mamas, Don't Let Your Children Grow Up to be Ignorant

I have previously said why it's good for children to be comfortable with a firearm and this 13 year old from Michigan proves my point.

He may be only 13 years old, but police say two burglars proved no match for Josh Cichy. He had just arrived home to what should have been an unoccupied house, but something wasn't right. "I walked down the hall and I saw two guys at the door and window," Cichy explains. He took fast action, grabbing a powerful spotlight, an air pistol and a 20-ga. shotgun. First, he blinded the intruders with the spotlight and shot at them with the air gun, hitting one. "I think I got him right in the face," Cichy recalls. Then he fired the shotgun and the intruders fled the home. Cichy says he's familiar with firearms, thanks to his father. "I go hunting with my dad and friends, so I know what to do. I wasn't really scared, but at the end I was shaking because of the adrenalin, I guess." (Kalamazoo Gazette, Kalamazoo, MI, 10/02/09)

For more Armed Citizen stories go to America's First Freedom.

1 comment: