Monday, September 13, 2010

Pleased to Meat You, Gaga

From what I hear, Lady Gaga has taken over the world.  If you don't know who I'm talking about you must live under a rock. 

I am not a fan of hers and really only listen to country music, but even I still know who she is.  She has become a huge sensation and makes headlines almost everyday.  I don't normally pay attention to the news of what she's up to, but she recently caught my eye.  And I must admit, in a good way. 

Last night, at the MTV Video Music Awards, Gaga went gaga for meat.  She donned a dress made entirely of raw meat! 


This wasn't the first time she had PETA all aflutter either.  She appeared on the cover of Vogue Hommes Japan in a meat bikini.


She explains her reasoning to vegan Ellen DeGeneres as:

 "If we don't stand up for what we believe in and if we don't fight for our rights pretty soon we're going to have as much rights as the meat on our own bones. And, I am not a piece of meat."

While I may not care for Lady Gaga's music, I can certainly appreciate a woman who is willing to stand up for our rights.  And that, I can applaud.

1 comment:

  1. Personally, I prefer to listen to various shades of rock. But I must admit...the Lady has enchanted me. It's baffling, really.

    ReplyDelete