Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Sweet Dreams are Made of These

It was a dark and stormy night.  Last night, that is.  Thunder clapped and lightning flashed through the sky.  I was slumbering peacefully in my bed when...

*CRASH*

I was awakened by the sound of shattering glass.  My eyes flew open and a hundred thoughts at once rushed through my head.  Did I just dream that?  Did a limb fall through a window?  Is someone breaking in?  What room are they in?

I sat up and saw my husband of 4 wonderful years sitting up in bed as well, facing the window above our bed.  I asked him what the noise was.  He looked at me dreamily and said, "Ababbbagrrrrr."

Oh boy.  I realize he is still asleep.  If there is an intruder in the house, I've got to deal with it myself.  No problem, I've been trained.  I've got this.

I feel a cool breeze brush across my face.  The glass that shattered was the window right above our bed.  If someone was trying to get in they'd have a hard go of it.  But of course, I don't go rushing for the pistol by the bed.  I may not know exactly what happened, but I do know it wasn't from anyone's doing from the outside.

I let out a sigh, a little bit of relief and a little bit of oh geeze, not again.  I give JC a fairly violent slight nudge and get him to wake up.  Once he's fully coherent, I ask what in the world he did.  He of course has no memory.  But his hands and arms are bloody and there is glass everywhere.  Looks like he punched through the two panes of glass as well as the screen.

Why, you ask?  Well, if I haven't shared this little tid bit of information with you before, I will now.  I'm married to a sleep walker.  Not only a sleep walker, but one who does some rather unusual things while asleep.  Like dream about being Spartacus and knocking windows out.

I don't really know if he was dreaming of being Spartacus.  He normally doesn't remember his dreams, but we guess it was something along those lines considering he watched the movie Troy right before bed.

I am implementing a new rule in our house.  No more Kung Foo or Greek war movies before bed.

And if anyone out there would like to run a sleep study on JC, I would gladly let you borrow him.      

No comments:

Post a Comment