Thursday, September 23, 2010

Sickening, Isn't It?

I attended a Right to Carry Town Hall meeting Tuesday night in McLean County.  I was thrilled to see the room full of citizens concerned about their rights.  There were over 300 people that came together to listen to numerous speakers talk about concealed carry.  Illinois is the ONLY state that does not allow its residents the option to carry firearms in public.  How can this be right? 


I'm fairly certain I've shared before what the Illinois State Police recommends women do to defend themselves in the event that they are attacked.  But I think it's relevant to SHOW you this time.  This is what we call a Tactical Tongue Depressor.


And this is what they suggest you do to ward off an attacker.



Yeah, that's not a joke.  They actually say to gag yourself as a last resort.  I don't know about anyone else, but I'd much rather not rely on vomit to keep me from being raped and/or murdered.  Now, I also understand it's not the Illinois State Police's fault that we do not have concealed carry in our state and they are just trying to help all of the defenseless women as much as they can.  But, really?  Why are Illinois women any less capable than Iowa, Mississippi or Florida women?  Doesn't make any sense to me.

For more coverage on the meeting, click on the links below.

The Pantagraph

McLean County Pundit

No comments:

Post a Comment